Aging Together is a collaborative effort to help our localities prepare for an unprecedented growth in the older population. We assure that local residents will have the services and supports they need as they age in our region: Culpeper, Fauquier, Madison, Orange and Rappahannock counties.
This partnership is built on an alliance of more than 150 organizations and individuals who actively participate in one or more county-based teams and regional workgroups and collaborate across agencies, counties and interest areas.
Members include senior citizens, home care and hospice agency staff, hospital representatives, service providers, faith community leaders, business employees, law enforcement and first responders, local government officials, and other concerned citizens.
Using this unique model of collaboration at both local and regional levels, Aging Together has changed the way our communities do business and has been looked to at both state and national levels as a leader in the field of aging.
What We Do
- Increase information & coordination of services for older adults and their families.
- Serve as a catalyst to strengthen community based supports that enhance choice & quality of life for older adults and their families.
- Increase support for caregivers.
- Promote increased opportunities for community engagement, volunteerism & social interaction.
- Promote optimal health and wellness by increasing awareness of and connections to services.
- Provide expertise to help communities plan for the future.
How We Do It
- Convene project partners, potential funders, and local government.
- Locate resources, best practices and other information.
- Grant/funding research, assistance with grant writing, grant reporting, and project management.
- Gather aging issues data for needs assessments, grants, projects, local government planning.
- Mobilize volunteers.
- Organize and distribute information across a broad group of varied stakeholders.
- Develop communications materials for Aging Together and partnership initiatives.